Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Why does the ice maker overflow and leak onto the floor of…

Why does the ice...

Why does the ice maker overflow and leak onto the floor of the freezer? The water then flows out onto the kitchen floor from the bottom of the freezer compartment.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

It is a whirlpool side-by-side. Model number ED2SHEXXOOO

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hope to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That about covers it

1/22/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Are you 100% sure that the water is coming from the icemaker?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
If you can be 100% sure about anything with an appliance. It is a random thing but seems to be associated with the icemaker

ok so if it is the icemaker over flowing .

Do you have any irregular size or shaped ice cubes?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Doe not appear that any are different

Ok so then it is not an issue of the ice maker leaking but just it is filling with too much water .

That will be an issue with the water inlet valve assembly.

the water inlet valve will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Will this part come with instructions on how to access and install

No But if you open the parts link it has a video on the link showing how to replace the part.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
thank you for your expert and timely responses.
Master Tech
Master Tech