Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE side by side GSS25JMBWW S/N5A205698. I quit and…

I have a GE...

I have a GE side by side GSS25JMBWW S/N5A205698 . I quit and wont start. Ordered temp sensor. Have pinned the 3 sensors but cannot find any wrong with sensors. Got any suggestions.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Exact model?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I do not have the wiring diagram. So far all I can do is some basic checks. I ohmed the new sensors (2) used the reading and then referenced that reading and pinned the sensors in the unit. All look to be ok.

1/22/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

There are multiple sensors and unless all the the sensors fail, the refrigerator can't stop from cooling in both the refrigerator and freezer. To be clear, are you saying that neither section is cooling? Do you hear any fans or motors running at all? etc...

none, have removed back slower panel and circuit board cover

OK so that can only be caused by a bad main control board. If you were to pull the refrigerator out, there is an 8" x 10" sheet metal panel on the back. Remove this to expose your main control board. This is the part that will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model. It costs about $185 I'm sorry to say.

CLICK HERE for main control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

not at this time. i prefer the txting, I dont hear so well.
Not sure it worth $185. I have another GE refrig/freezer and it also is screwed up. Im thinking it might be time to switch brands

That's completely up to you. I don't necessarily recommend GE for refrigerators, but since you already have it I would think it's probably worth fixing. The part only takes about 15 minutes to swap out and it's all plug and play. So if you're handy my advice would be to fix it. Now if you want to cut your loses you can certainly do that and that's not a terrible decision either, it's probably just not the one I'd choose for this particular issue. Either way, if you do get a new refrigerator, I recommend Frigidaire and LG currently.

Great reply, thank you.

No problem and good luck to you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc