Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a ge microwave that the add 30 sec and the timer

Have a ge microwave...

Have a ge microwave that the add 30 sec and the timer doesnot work.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model jvm6175dfuww it is 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Dont know what is wrong - 78 years old - I can try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The rest of it works great it is just the 30 seconds and the timer. Took the filter off and cleaned and the top to clean the filter they said was in but no filter was in it

1/22/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If a couple buttons don't work and a couple do work, your touch control panel is going bad. Try to unplug the microwave above the microwave for 60 seconds and see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, your touch control panel has just failed and would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say. The cost of the part is about $80 or so and you can order the part at Repairclinic.com or wherever else you'd like. The part number you'd need is WB56X20409.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I have tried that it doesnt work. Will the rest of the panel go out also?

Typically when a couple buttons fail it doesn't affect other buttons at all so usually other buttons will not fails also if they haven't failed already.

thank you - i guess I will wait until the rest go if they do. Is the 80 just for the part?

No problem but I'm sorry about the bad news today. Yes $80 is just the cost of the part--no labor or anything else.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc