Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Samsung fridge that is beeping very loud and

We have a Samsung...

We have a Samsung fridge that is beeping very loud and showing a Fd d code on the door display unable to get to stop making the loud beep

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Hold on please

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model rb2155sh serial 953641ax800001 p unsure of year

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Was just told the noise stopped and display now showing 14 34

1/22/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a freezer defrost error meaning either the defrost heater or defrost circuit is showing burned out. You may want to unplug the unit for a full 2 minutes and plug it back in to clear everything and see what happens.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

What does the 14 34 code mean
what does the 14 34 code mean

That is just showing you the current temps it sees in the unit.

the freezer is 14 and the fridge is 34?
the freezer is 14 degrees and the fridge is 34 degrees?

Yes correct that is what the sensors are reading right now/

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician