Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The starter on my washer won't work anymore. It is a GE

The starter on my...

The starter on my washer won't work anymore. It is a GE super capacity plus 21 cycle heavy duty washer. Occasionally I can get it going by repeatedly pressing the starter but, more and more frequently, this doesn't work.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Don't know the model number. It's probably 20 years old ! Bit when I do get it started, it works perfectly.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If the model number is ***** somewhere on the machine, I can't find it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My husband wants to do it himself.

1/22/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the complete model off the tag on the frame of the unit? Normally the model number is ***** a tag on the frame edge when you open the door/lid or back edge of a console.

As far as I can tell, it is :
WLSE421OAOWW
The O's may be zeros ; I can't tell. Just took a picture of the back of the top panel and found this.

When the Start button stops working you need to replace the control in the console. Here is a link to the part and all you have to do is remove the top console edge screws to flip the console forward to get to it and change it out. See part link below

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Okay, thanks. I have provided the rating. My husband will look at the inside of the panel now and I'll let you know if we have further questions.
we need to replace the whole control board ?

Yes it only comes as one unit as the start button is part of the board. You can get them on EBAY a lot cheaper.