Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Dishwasher (model # FFBD2411SIA) does not drain

Our Dishwasher (model #...

Our Dishwasher (model # FFBD2411SIA) does not drain completely. Water is up to the door when wash is completed. I replaced the drain pump and small flap valve on drain outlet. It seemed to work for 1 week, but now the problem is back. The drain hose seems to have the proper anti-siphon loop. I have to pump the water out manually after it has been run. Help!

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Frigidaire model # FFBD2411SIA. How do you run a test cycle?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just what I typed in my first question

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/22/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Does the drain line go to a siphon gap by your sink?

Ok
are you still there?

Check the siphon gap next to your sink faucet, all dishwasher drain lines either go to a siphon gap next to the faucet or the trap/disposal port. The siphon gap is that small dome sitting next to your faucet. You need to remove the cap on it and then there will be a center piece that pops out or is round and unscrews to get in the middle of the siphon gap. Check that and see if you have a partial blockage in the siphon gap. If you do not have a siphon gap follow the drain line to where it connects to under the sink and check the end port for partial blockages both in the drain hose and at the trap or disposal port where it connects to. See link below for siphon gap checking. If you do not find anything let me know!

CLICK HERE IMAGE

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Phone call session started
I have already checked the hose, diposal and trap, ...all clear

Does the drain pump run? If so disconnect the drain line from the siphon gap and see if it drains in a bucket.

It does, but it does not drain long enough to drain dishwasher.

Is the water coming out strong and fast? Also if you start then cancel a cycle does the pump run for 2 minutes?

It comes out in a week stream and the pump only runs for about 60 seconds after pressing cancel
The only way I can drain the dishwasher after it has run through a cycle is to start a new cycle press cancel and repeat that until all of the water is out of the dishwasher

You have something blocked in the drain line often a piece of broken glass can get part way down the line and flips up like a check valve blocking flow. Take the drain line out of the unit and flush it out and hsake it you will likely find something in the unit.

OK, I will have to try that tomorrow. The dishwasher is in place and needs to be pulled out again. Thank you for the information. Can I continue this Service call tomorrow if that does not fix the problem?

Yes for sure just post back tomorrow.

Thank you, ***** ***** good night

thanks