Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Kenmore stopped cooking my cookies like normal. Today…

My Kenmore stopped cooking...

My Kenmore stopped cooking my cookies like normal. Today they are undone at the time they should be. when I open the door I don't get a blast of hot air, like normal. The gauges say it's up to temp.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 12 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No maybe a friend or a service man

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, who should i get or can i do it myself

1/22/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the complete make and model off the tag on the frame of the unit? Normally the model number is ***** a tag on the frame edge when you open the door or back edge of a console.

kenmore elite 790.46602500

Often when that happens the bake element is burned out and it is only operating on the broil element. That element is common to fail on that unit at that age so I would check it and replace it if it is bad. Here is a link to a new one.

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Thank you I will get a new