Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Model # MFI2569YEM0 Side By Side ref. and…

I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag Model # MFI2569YEM0 Side By Side ref. and bottom freezer. I came home today and noticed the ice and water dispensers not functioning then noticed no display. If I push any button on the display the lights come on. when releasing the button the screen goes blank again. the inside light on the refridgerator comes on but haven't heard the compressor come on yet. Is there a reset for this model or is it a more serious problem

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

6 years Model # MFI2569YEM0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing now. thanks

1/22/2018
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Maytag refrigerator. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

I'm sure you'd like to get your refrigerator up and running soon! Unfortunately this is one of the more commons ways for this refrigerator to fail. The problem is that the main control board on the back of the refrigerator behind the 8" x 8" access panel has failed and needs to be replaced. You can try to reset the issue by unplugging the refrigerator for 5 minutes but that rarely resets the issue. If it won't reset, then below is a link to the board as well as instructions on how to program the new board since you'll need to do this. Here is the part number: W10312695

You can get it on Amazon.com here: http://a.co/f63BedS

Programming instructions come with the board.

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

Thank you for your response.

You're welcome.

Engineer-Tech
Replaced the motherboard
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech