Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Dacor wall oven CPTS130B, almost 20 years old. It…

I have a Dacor...

I have a Dacor wall oven CPTS130B, almost 20 years old. It had been working since the last time it was cleaned about a month ago. The door is now locked. I touched the Cancel/Secure button waited 30 minutes and the door still will not open. The oven is cool. Also before this happened the oven would not heat up. The bottom coil was cold and the upper coil was hot but after about 30 minutes the oven was only about 250 degrees.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Dacor Oven

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is simple yes, If not no

1/21/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If the oven door is locked and will not open and the oven is cold try the following things to get the door to open. Note the oven needs to be cold or the thermostat will not open it after a self clean cycle right away.

First try to start a new self clean for about 30 secs and cancel it, often that will trigger the door latch to restart and reopen. If that does not open the door you can cut power to the unit for a full minute and power it back up and see if the door will open. If that does not work on some units you can remove the back and the latch motor is there with a lock rod going to a small hook by the door. Those style units you can remove the rod and move it manually to open the door. If you do not have that style unit you need to get something thin and flexible, like a stiff piece of plastic or metal and slide it in between the door and frame and slide it sideways to hit the latch hook and press it to the left or right and open the door that way manually. Most latch hooks you will slide the piece from right to left pressing the latch hook left to release it. Once you get it open you will need a new door latch or possibly a board to fix the issue.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank You I got it open
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician