Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 30" Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range. It is…

I have a 30"...

I have a 30" Whirlpool Freestanding Electric Range.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 4 years old and where do I find the model number on it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't know yet. If it is something I can do myself I will. Otherwise I will call a service man. While using the oven it over heated and gave a fault message. I just d

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just ran a CANCEL>CANCEL>START to run a Diagnostics Mode. It started to heat up the oven and the temp went all the way up to 545 deg before I canceled the test.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/21/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Often that is a bad control board on the unit when you have a runaway temp condition. You can unplug the temperature sensor and measure it with an OHM meter to see if it reads about 1080 ohms + or - 10% at room temperature 77 degrees. If it does then you have a bad clock control board and need to replace that. If the sensor reads way out of range replace the sensor. The sensor just has a screw or two in it to remove it, but you may need to pull the oven out and remove the back panel to unplug it. If that is good replace the main clock control on the unit.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician