Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The dishes are not getting clean and we have determined that…

The dishes are not...

The dishes are not getting clean and we have determined that hte water is not getting hot.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Started several weeks ago. We stopped using it. Most of theloads we ran for a few weeks before that were not getting completely clean.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably not

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We tried wit Sears and their technician ran the diagnostic and told us he got an error message for the heating element and a communication error fromthe control panel

1/21/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the complete make and model off the tag on the frame of the unit? Normally the model number is ***** a tag on the frame edge when you open the door it should start with either 3 number and a dot if it is a KENMORE or 3-4 letters for any other brand

Bosch SHE44C

OK if the unit is filling with water, when you hear the main wash motor come on open the door about every 20-30 secs of it running and see if both wash arm positions are changing

OK I will try that.

thanks and let me know what happens.

the wash arms are changing positions

Is the incoming water temp at least 130 degrees to the unit?

The tap in the kitchen sink water is about 120 degrees. In the dishwasher, it is not even warm at least in the beginning of the cycle.

Set your hot water heater up ideally you should have 130-140 at the sink, precharge the sink making sure the water is nice and hot then start the dishwasher often that is the #1 cause of this issue. See what happens and let me know.

ok
might be a while
the cycle has run for about 20 minutes. The water is definitely warmer, but still not hot. However, I can feel heat int he dishwasher. Is there a way to clear the drain line from the dishwasher. There is a very strong odor and I'm wondering if there is a clog that is preventing the dishwasher from draining completely.

You would have to remove the drain line from under the sink and you could just suck the water out through it with a shopvac otherwise you would need to remobve the hose and flush it.

thanks was able to flush it. Found the cancel and drain command on the main panel and with a few tries, the water drained completely. So not likely a clog. Will try to increase water temperature again

OK great!

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician