Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a built=in diswasher and the inlet/drain light keeps…

I have a built=in...

I have a built=in diswasher and the inlet/drain light keeps coming on so the programme selected will not start.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I have checked the drain pump etc and all is clear. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was hoping there was a simple quick fix

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I will check the model no etc

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/21/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a flood issue on the unit. If water gets into the flood basin down by the motor it activates the pump and nothing will work on the unit except the drain pump will run no matter what. You will need to remove the dishwasher from the cabinet to get at the left or right side to access the flood basin under the unit by the motor. See if there is water in it and you will have to suck it all out or dry it out very good. I use a shop vac. After that you will be able to run the machine, but you may want to run it out of the cabinet to source the leak as something leaked to get the water in the flood basin in the first place. See if there is water in the flood basin on the unit.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you, ***** ***** be unable to carry out this suggestion so I will call in a service engineer.

OK no problem at all I understand....All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician