Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I want to install a longer discharge hose on my whirlpool…

I want to install...

I want to install a longer discharge hose on my whirlpool wfc 7500 front load washer. It looks like I have to remove the back panel to perform this job because the hose end is not exposed on the outside. Is this correct??

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Probably 7 yrs -- WFC7500VW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was going to try if not too difficult.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Pretty much just the best was to access the original hose and remove it from the machine

1/21/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

That is correct that you must go through the back to replace this drain hose. You'll want to turn the water off and unplug the washer. Then remove the water supply hoses from the back of the washer. Unscrew all the screws going into the back sheet metal panel. Remove the top panel and then the back sheet metal panel. The top panel just has a couple screws coming in from the back. Then the top panel pulls straight back about 1 inch and lifts up and off.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
ok -- thanks

No problem and good luck!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc