Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kenmore elite fridge that is shooting water out of…

I have a kenmore...

I have a kenmore elite fridge that is shooting water out of the bottom

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5yrs?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have the back panel pulled off and the water tube that goes to the ice maker has come off

1/21/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

OK so the tube that goes to the icemaker has come off?

correct

OK it likely came out if the fill tube to the icemaker froze up. The tube should just push back into the fitting, but you should make sure the fill tube is clear otherwise it will just pop out again next time the icemaker goes to fill up. Also if that continues to happened change out the fill valve as the valve is leaking through causing the fill tube to freezer creating the issue you are having.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
I have pushed it back in and it DID pop out again. how do you clear the tube and or fill valve?

You would have use a steamer or hair dryer to defrost it.