Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to reset my maytag MDB7759AWS dishwasher. 6 to 7…

I am trying to...

I am trying to reset my maytag MDB7759AWS dishwasher

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

6 to 7 years. That is the model number. Control buttons are on the top edge of the door

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am trying to reset the controls. anything beyond that I do not know.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not than i know of

1/21/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Perform the following key presses or actions in less than 6 sec while in standby:

Heated Dry ⇒ Normal ⇒ Heated Dry ⇒ Normal

All lights will come on, allow 1 minute then press cancel and the control will have reset.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Thank You. The normal light is flashing rapidly

Ah, that won't reset. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

Access to replace that panel is gained by removing the screws from around the inner door and separating the panels.

Okay. Thanks

You are very welcome.

Kelly, Appliance Technician