Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an old Kenmore dish washer. It works fine. It has…

I have an old...

I have an old Kenmore dish washer. It works fine. It has rust marks on the bottom dishwasher rack where the coating has worn off;. The marks go onto my dishes. I have tr

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 10 years old.. I have tried to order a new rack from kenmore appliances in Texas, but they were not able to send me the correct replacement three times. That is a lot of bother and shipping costs. I have a Kenmore ultra wash series 17777990; FJ4303607; Model 665 : F or E71195. I obtained the numbers from the side of the door of the washer. The lower rack has an indentation on the lower right side of the rack to allow the detergent door to pop open during the second wash. I purchased a spray can to put on the rack, but it just came off in the first wash. I purchased from Sears a bottle of FSP 676453 viny touch up paint. Will this work? No directions came with the bottle.l

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if it possible>

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No>

1/21/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The touch up bottles of vinyl are not typically very successful, especially if the rust is more than slight. The lower rack for your model is available below. Is this the one you have been receiving that did not work?

CLICK HERE

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The rack you showed me is the same one that Kenmore sent me 3 times. The rack does not have enough indentation on the bottom right side to allow the degetergent door to open in the wash cycle.

Hmm, can you post a picture of your rack?

I see the issue, the original one is no longer available, but there is an original one on Amazon that is used. See the link below.

CLICK HERE

There are a couple on eBay, too!

CLICK HERE

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Phone call session started

Please let me know if you would still like a call. Otherwise, I can send the request in to be cancelled.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would like a call

Calling now....

Kelly, Appliance Technician