Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a ge refrigerator model 20-27 that we've had for 10…

We have a ge refrigerator...
We have a ge refrigerator model 20-27 that we've had for 10 years and it was used when we bought it. The refrigerator side is no longer getting cold and the freezer is cold but it doesn't complete freeze because the waffles aren't frozen. We are trying to figure out if we need to just purchase a new one or if it's worth it to repair this one
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section?
  2. Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
  3. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The model tag is in the refrigerator section, high on a side wall or on the ceiling.
I can hear the fan working
there is frost on the back wall of freezer
I can't find the model number

The frost is the reason it is not cooling well. If older model, the model tag may be down the lower door hinge.

Tfx22zpbg-aa is the model number

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

There is a defrost component that has failed. The video at the link below shows how it is replaced!

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician