Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I was wondering if my Maytag gas dryer needed to get a pilot…

I was wondering if...

I was wondering if my Maytag gas dryer needed to get a pilot light turned on or is just turning on the gas and dryer is all I need to do

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MGD55770TQ0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I just installed it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That’s it I wasn’t sure if there were any additional actions I had to take aside from hooking up the gas and electric sockey

1/20/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Just turn the gas on there is no pilot lights on these unit they are all automatic ignition. Just turn the gas on and turn the unit on and it should fire up within a minute of running.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician