Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My lid won't unlock. I've tried unplugging and plugging back…

Customer Question
My lid won't unlock...

My lid won't unlock. I've tried unplugging and plugging back in

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today. I put in a load and it was filling when I needed to add a few. Hit the stop button, but it never unlocked

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Maytag. I think the Model is W10251333 white. That's what I wrote on the fron of the manual

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just need to know where to start.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/20/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Unplug the unit for 10 minutes plug it back in and do not touch any buttons for 5 minutes it should unlock, if not get back to me.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.