Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My model GSS23WGTAWW will not bring the freezer temperature…

Customer Question
My model GSS23WGTAWW will...

My model GSS23WGTAWW will not bring the freezer temperature below 14 and the Refrigada

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

GE Model GSS23WGTA and I have checked it and I have made sure that the area underneatrh

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

All I know is that it started making a high pitched sound off and on and the ice stopping making. As I said I made sure that the the ares around the compressor and cowl is clean and it was.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/20/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?