Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 20 yrs. experience with 25,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I am not getting water to my ice maker in the freezer on a

Customer Question

I am not getting water to my ice maker in the freezer on a samsung french door refrigerator. The filter was recently replaced and was overdue. I have a water dispenser inside the door of the refrigerator for cold water. It had slowed down on water pressure. I have good pressure through the water dispenser but no water to the ice maker. The ice maker had stopped making ice before I changed the filter. Any advice?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We bought it in 2012 and the model is RF261BEAEBC
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

The line could be frozen, but have you checked the valve to see if it is working, by removing the water line that goes to the icemaker from the valve and then pressing the test button on the icemaker. After it completes a harvest rotation see if water sprays out of the valve. If it does the line is frozen and you would need to defrost it. If that happens again then replace the valve.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.