Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Bosch bottom drawer freezer stopped making ice cubes after…

Customer Question
Bosch bottom drawer freezer stopped...
Bosch bottom drawer freezer stopped making ice cubes after changing water filter. Bosch model b36ib70nsp. Any idea why?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
1/22/2018
Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
I still need assistance. Is there another expert you can connect me with?
Thank you, ***** ***** continue to look for an Expert to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Best,
Michelle-Moderator
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 4 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

I still need help with this issue

ha​ve you made sure the lever is not turned off on the ice arm? Also are you sure the water filter was the right one? Did you flush up to 4 gallons of water through the lines to prevent air in the water lines?

It doesn’t have an arm, I believe it has sensors, I’m not seeing an arm. The water filter is the same type we’ve always used and not had a problem. I don’t know how to flush water through the lines!!? Can you instruct me how?
it means just running 4 gallons of water threw the dispenser.
We don’t have a water or ice dispenser. Our freezer is a bottom drawer, the cubes are made and then fall into a container inside the freezer
What is the model number of your unit again?
Bosch b36ib70nsp

Do you happen to have a multimeter? wh​at we need to do is test the water inlet valve to see if its working. The only thing that makes sense is either this part has failed or your ice maker itself is broken. Which just doesn't make sense since you all you did was change out the filter.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman