Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher will not start and I cannot select any of the…

Customer Question
Hi, my dishwasher will...

Hi, my dishwasher will not start and I cannot select any of the options....the auto functions is lite

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

I have not run a cycle ...tried the 3 second reset but the dishwasher was unresponsive. It is a Bosch Silence 49 dba

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can turn the machine off, so the on off is working. Also, the middle time is blinking in case that means anything. I have cleaned the filter and there is no standing water

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Try to unplug the dishwasher or flip the breaker off to the dishwasher for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If not, then the main control board under your dishwasher tub along the right side has failed and would need to be replaced. You'll need to pull the dishwasher out to access the control board on the right side. The board is all plug and play and typically costs about $100-130 depending on the exact model number located on a sticker on the right side of the door.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.