Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

This evening the refrig stopped working and the console has…

This evening the refrig...

This evening the refrig stopped working and the console has OF in place of the temps

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

One hour

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

1/20/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

DO you have the model number off the tag on the wall liner?

RF4287Hars/xaa
Stay with chat
Are we still talking?
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Good evening, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your refrigerator now. I see you opted for a new expert.

Tyler Do you have an answer to my question on the OF instead of the temps on the refrig?

OF means that the unit is in demo mode. To exit demo mode, you'll just need to press and hold the ENERGY SAVER button and the POWER FREEZE buttons together for 5 seconds and that should allow you to see the temperatures and the refrigerator should start cooling down again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thank you Tyler. The unit seems to be back working. Why would it go into demo?

No way to know. Typically someone either leans on the control panel or something if there was a power outage it can cause it to go on it's own?