Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

When the machine is plugged in it makes a buzzing sound and…

Hello when the machine...

Hello when the machine is plugged in it makes a buzzing sound and the door locked light flashes rapidly . Door won't open and machine won't run ? I unplugged it again

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

We had a freeze in Texas on Tuesday and it started then

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I am able

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I will just give it my best shot

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you have the model number off the tag on the frame edge of the unit?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can't find it it is a maytag Maxima

Well when that happens often the pump is not working correctly on the unit. If the unit cannot pump out water the door will never unlock and it will not allow it to start. You can remove the top of the unit by unscrewing the rear top panel screws, then slide the top panel off and get it out of the way. Once it is out of the way you can reach down and pull the flat tab on the bottom of the door latch assembly to release the door so you can open it. The other option is to remove the bottom panel and reach up and grab the release tab to open the door.Remove the items from the unit and see if there's water in the washer. If there is you will need to get to the pump assembly on the unit to check the pump filter and pump for any kind of blockages. If you have the bottom panel off you will see the pump filter cap in the center to unscrew and check for any blockages. Make sure you have some towels or a Shop-Vac at the ready as there will be water that will come out of the pump filter once you unscrew it. On that unit it is very common just for a blockage in the pump filter to cause this problem. Check that out and see what you find and get back to me if you need more help.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I remove the bottom panel. Do I need to lay the machine on its side? I have the door open . I assume it has a pump issue

You may not have a bottom front panel, if not you would have to remove the top, the front control console then the entire front panel to get it off to get to the pump, on the newer style Maytag front loaders can be a bit more complicated to take apart.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay. Sounds like a project for another day. Too late for tonight . Thanks
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician