Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Frontload clothes washer... Door lock light flashes & we…

Frontload clothes washer......

Frontload clothes washer... Door lock light flashes & we cannot unlock the door.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

New this year. Whirlpool WFW75HEFW0 Front Loading Automatic Washer

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I hope it's not broken. as I'm not a repairman

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So the first thing to do is just unplug the washer for 60 seconds and see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, plug the washer back in and listen to hear if you hear a motor humming. If so, just wait 20 minutes and i'll unlock on it's own. If none of that works, unplug the washer again and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel of the washer. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. After it's removed you can reach down behind the front panel of the washer and there is a 1" plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the latch. Pull down on the latch and you'll be able to manually unlock the door.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
thank you. The electronics must have reset after the minute wait.
It seems to be good now. Thank you again.