Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My 5 year old kitchenaid Kude70fxss4 dishwasher will not…

My 5 year old kitchenaid...
My 5 year old kitchenaid Kude70fxss4 dishwasher will not fill. The cycle ends in 2-3 seconds and the drain pump starts. It was throwing code 8-2. I changed the discharge pump, but still showing 8-2.
1/20/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Is the float in the down position?

float seems to be down. I hear a faint click from the micro switch below the float.

OK so when you start it it just stops within 2-3 secs and the drain pump starts?

That is correct

What happens if you leave it run?

RU still with me?

Yes if you leave it run what happens does it just run the pump and shut off?

Pump keeps running

Have you let it run for about 5-10 minutes to see if it stops and resets?

Running now. Will check

ok great

Pump runs for about 4 minutes, then the door fan comes on

You need to order and replace the main control board for that issue. Here is a link to the part for you, it was a common issue for those symptoms.

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician