Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Samsung refrigerator keeps saying off in the digital part…

My Samsung refrigerator keeps...

My Samsung refrigerator keeps saying off in the digital part where the temp should go

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model is RF26HFENDSR/AA two years ol

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I can if its easy. I think I actually shut it off by accident do I need to unplug it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The frige says off. but its plugged in.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

OFF means that the unit went into demo mode for some reason. To turn demo mode off just press and hold the POWER FREEZE and FREEZER buttons together at the same time for 5 seconds and the display should revert back to showing you the temperatures and the unit should start to cool again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

ok what if that doesn't work? One side of the freezer is frosted over.

That should work... that's the only way to remove OFF on the display. If it doesn't remove, then your display board is bad and would need to be replaced.

As for the freezer frosting over, you may have to thaw that out manually with a hair dryer. Not sure why that would happen but that's completely un-related to the display saying OF on it.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Ok I tried it and it did nothing

OK then your display board is just bad. You can try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and then try again to see if that resets. If not, the display board would just have to be replaced.