Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GTW680BSJ1WS GE top load washer was starting a new load…

My GTW680BSJ1WS GE top load...
My GTW680BSJ1WS GE top load washer was starting a new load (believe it was still sensing), when it got stock making this motor/pump noise over and over with the display schizophrenically flashing numbers. The sound and flashing just continue indefinitely. Unplugging and replugging (including with lid open/close trick) does not clear the issue.To me it sounds like its trying to drain (but that doesn't make sense really for where it was in the cycle), and occasionally after being unplugged for a long period of time, it does drain some water. There is no water actively in the basin and the soap had not yet been dispensed yet.I have a video if I'm able to share it at some point.
1/20/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That was a common issue on that unit, they had a bunch of bad control boards on the unit. Replace the control in the console here is a link to the part for you...CLICK HERE

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
How hard of a replacement/install job is this?