Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I replaced bake element but it seems the thermostat is

I replaced bake element...

I replaced bake element but it seems the thermostat is acting up. the light bfor bake would come on without even touching the knob. barely turn it a little and it would go iout, im sure this is what burned out element. i found replacement part but its very high. could i use contact cleaner on temp select switch maybe

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 3 minutes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe, but i have a good friend that isa licrnsed hvac technician that will look at it tommorrow if i could do it myself i could save some money

Contractor's Assistant: Are you an HVAC professional?

No, im a machinist/ programer/engineer

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have model number and seriakl number

1/20/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

To take the thermostat apart would likely render it inoperable. These older style thermostats are rarely repairable.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

model #cer110aah serial # 15060380an

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Yes, that is a pricey thermostat. I would replace it with a Universal new one! It comes with mounting options and adapters and full installation instruction. See link below....

CLICK HERE

Kelly, Appliance Technician
heck yeah. thats much better. thank you

Indeed! You are very welcome, thank you!