Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Bravos MCT washer that will not turn on. It…

I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag Bravos MCT washer that will not turn on. It stopped midway through a drain and spin cycle and now it will not turn on. I tried unplugging and upon plugging back in it makes a slight beep and the drum jerks for one second

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Less than 16 months . Mvwx655dw1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it was simple

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I already tested the circuit and tried plugging it in a different outlet, same result. Slight beep, drum jerks for a second . Clothes are currently sitting in water

1/19/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

How long did you leave it unplugged for?

Thanks

I just unplugged it when I got home at 5:45. It had been left plugged in by my wife all day because she was afraid to do anything to it. It stopped working this morning probably right after the water was added. Didn’t have a chance to get to the drain rinse cycle

Okay, but unplugged for at least 5 minutes before plugging it back in?

Thank you. That is important because it takes about 5 minutes to allow the control to discharge and reset. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Ok thanks

The main control has failed. Since it is less than 18 months old, Maytag may authorize a warranty concession. I would certainly call them at 1-***-***-****. If they will not concession it, the control is number 6 at the link below.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy repair!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

If they authorize a warranty concession will they arrange for a technician to install the new control?

Yes, they will not send you the part. Typically, they will authorize the part and you will have to pay a servicer, but that control is $250, so it will be worth it.

Kelly, Appliance Technician