Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have 2-1/2 year old GE Monogram Microwave that just

I have 2-1/2 year...

I have 2-1/2 year old GE Monogram Microwave that just stopped heating. All other functions seems to be fine, but no heat? Can you help?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2-1/2 years old. Model is ZEB1226SH1SS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well, if I can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No Is it still under warranty?

1/19/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Anytime a microwave runs but does not heat means that the magnetron ( Its purpose is to generate microwave energy. The high-voltage components accomplish this by stepping up AC line voltage to high voltage, which is then changed to an even higher DC voltage. This DC power is then converted to the RF energy that cooks the food.)

has failed and will have to be replaced. This is a dangerous repair because microwaves hold high voltage even when power is not being supplied to the unit, so it is highly recommended that only a qualified technician make this repair. The magnetron and also the diode that will need to be replaced usually run in the range of 140.00 -300.00 just in parts depending on the model. If you would like to attempt this repair yourself let me know and I can give you the part numbers you will need to make the repair.

As far as your warranty is concerned you will need to contact the store you purchased it from to find out if its still under warranty or not, which if you did not purchase and extended warranty it will not be if its over 2 years old.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will have someone else provide the service, is this something you guys provide or do I need to find someone local?

No we do not send techs out to your home we are an online service only, you would need to call a local service company to come to your home and make that repair.

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson