Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire (Electrolux) FMB330RGC0. The pump works…

I have a Frigidaire (Electrolux)...
I have a Frigidaire (Electrolux) FMB330RGC0. The pump works fine, and after a cycle there is no water remaining inside. But after some time (varies from 1-3 days) dirty smelly water ends up in the bottom of the washer. I have tried snaking sink drain, running bleach and vinegar through the sink, running bleach and vinegar through the machine, turning the inlet valve off after running a cycle, and creating a u-shaped loop of the washer drain hose on the back of the dishwasher *and another* on the wall behind the dishwasher, to try and prevent backups. After all attempts, dirty water was still found after some period of time following the end of the cycle. But, again, there is never water reaming just after running the cycle, and i can turn the dial to activate the pump and it works fine.
1/19/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Can you post a picture of how the drain hose is connected to the home's plumbing, please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That’s the thing...the drain hose goes into the wall behind the dishwasher and I don’t have visibility into how it connects with the plumbing. I’d have to break open the wall.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ve had plumbers quote me hundreds of dollars to re-pipe it bit would rather look for lower cost issues at the dishwasher level first, before spending those bucks.

Well, the only way dirty water will get back down into the dishwasher is if it is migrating down the drain hose from wherever it is connected. That is where the problem lies, with the drain hose.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How could there be enough force to get the water past, not one, but two high loops?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can you suggest anything to resolve the backing up, short of repiping the hose?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
isn’t the check balve supposed to stop water from coming back in?

There is only a small rubber flapper that is designed to prevent water from getting back into the machine. Unless the water is flowing quickly back to the pump, it will allow water to seep by. If the drain tube is sealed at the end so no air is allowed to get into the drain path, it will cause siphon issues that can work both ways, taking the water out when the pump is not running and allowing water back to the machine. If the water is dirty, that is the only place it can be coming from. If the water valve was seeping, it would not be dirty water. Is the dishwasher not installed by a sink that you could route the drain to?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is located next to a sink, but plumbers have quoted me $350 - $800 to pipe it correctly. Maybe I could try and do it myself.

Wow, all you have to do is install a sink tail piece! I will get you a video! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Awesome. Thank YOU!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Maybe they also accounted for the time to open the wall, and cap the pipe where the hose is currently connected behind the wall. But I'm sure i could do that too.

I am sure you could get to the drain and cap it off. The caps are just rubber and slip over the pipe and clamp into place. The video at the link below shows how to install an easy dishwasher drain.

CLICK HERE

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Kelly, Appliance Technician