Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Broiler in range does not come on. Model #FED3355CCTH Serial…

Customer Question
Broiler in range does...

Broiler in range does not come on. Model #FED3355CCTH Serial # NF83500893. Does the complete computer need to be repaired or just a part?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

MONTHS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

IF ITS EASY

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is it worth repairing or should I just repurchase? I like the range otherwise

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Can you please double check that model number?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
FED355CCTH

Thank you! Does the bake work fine?

Thank you.

• Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?
  • Looking at the broiler element, does it appear to be intact with no burn marks or discoloration?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
broiler element looks good. Can you put my question on hold until my husband gets back with the meter?

Sure, just post back when you can! I will post instructions for each scenario in the meantime.

Once you have a meter, pull the range out and remove the rear service panel. The broil element terminals will be accessible once the cover is off. Place the meter leads on the terminals to the element and start the control to a broil setting. If you read 240 VAC between those two terminals, the element is faulty. If you read no voltage, the oven control is faulty. The element is available below!

Broil Element

Unfortunately, the oven control is no longer available. It may be sent in for repair, though. The company at the link below can repair it.

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Broil Element

CLICK HERE

Kelly, Appliance Technician