Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I'm working on a top load whirlpool washer model Number

I'm working on a top...
I'm working on a top load whirlpool washer model Number WTW57ESVW0. I bypass the lid switch and see that the top agitator is a little weak the agitator dogs are replaced. The bottom agitator seems to be working fine it's going back-and-forth. What else can make the top agitator not go back-and-forth as strong. The washer works perfect on spin cycle.
1/19/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Do you mean that you have in fact replaced the agitator dogs?

And what exactly do you mean by the top agitator is WEAK?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The top agitator was barely moving back and forth like if the dog agitators needed to be replaced. When I went to look at the dog agitators they look good. I replace them anyway, and the top agitator is moving back-and-forth slowly. If the bottom agitator is weak and I can put my hand to stop it with that be a warn transmission?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am just trying to disapprove or verify the condition of the transmission in agitation. The owner says that it is making a loud noise I did not verify and said that a pair of pants got stuck underneath the agitator at one time.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, the owner said that a pair of pants got stuck underneath the agitator.

Yes if you can grab the lower part of the agitator and stop it then you would be looking at a gearcase /transmission issue.

If you can grab the top of the agitator and stop it from turning then you`re looking at a new agitator since you have already replaced the dogs.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for the information. I am going back out there on Saturday can I try to contact you if I have anymore questions.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Send over the stars so I can rate you.

ok no problem at all .

Thank you .

Master Tech
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi, yes I went back out there and put it on heavy duty cycle and was able to hold the bottom agitator still yet you can hear the transmission moving or humming. The grooves on bottom agitator do not look worn. If the timer was stuck on gentle cycle would I be able to hold the bottom of the agitator still? I can rate you on this question.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Actually this washer has hand wash and delicate that should have a gentle agitation right.

In NO cycle during an agitation mode should you be able to hold the bottom portion of the agitator .

That would mean you`re lookin at having to replace the gearcase /transmission.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

No problem ,I would recommend they replace the part , due to SAVE THIS WASHER AT ALL COST, They will not find a new one that washes this good.

Master Tech
Master Tech