Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag washer front loader that the water does not…

I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag washer front loader that the water does not drain from the rubber canal in the front of the washer.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model is MODV7000Awo

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I look at the trouble shooter & could not find much help. I washed a load of towels this am & it sounded like it was rocking back & forth a bit.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Other than I put a towel in the front of the canal to soak up the water.

1/18/2018
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

There are drain hole that go into the tub from that canal that are clogged. Use a pipe cleaner or a toothpick to push them open and flush with clean water. Let me know if you have any trouble. Was this helpful? Dave

Dave thank you for assisting me w/this problem. If I cannot get this to work, I will probably call for Maytag assistance. I love my Maytag washer & dryer & I hated to see there were problems with it. I clean both of them after every use. I was not aware of these holes in the canal. Thank you again. Carolyn W Norman&

Carolyn, I understand if you can't do this but it is not difficult and you should try. This is a front load Maytag? The model number you gave has something wrong. I recently did this on my washer. I used a wire but you need to be careful not to damage the rubber. Best wishes.

Thank you!

You are welcome!

Appliance Tech Dave
it worked as you said Dave. I pour a little water through the holes as you stated & cleaned w/pipe cleaners.