Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore 79572063110 top and freezer are working but…

Customer Question
I have a Kenmore***********top...

I have a Kenmore***********top and freezer are working but the panel on the door there is no light on not able to unlock

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2016

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that not able to adjust any of the seting

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/18/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

What makes you think the panel is locked?

Because I’m unable delete the temperature or anything to move it on the lock unlocked it seems to be in locked with it but there’s no kind a light On it
No I can’t really afford that right now

ok that does not mean the control panel is locked.

if the control panel was locked it would say so .

It sounds as if the main control board it not sending voltage to the display control paenl.

Let`s try rebooting the main control board by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes then plug it back in and then tell me if you still have the same issue or not.