Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Mexican whirlpool refrigerator with freeze drawer on bottom…

Customer Question
Mexican whirlpool refrigerator with...

Mexican whirlpool refrigerator with freeze drawer on bottom leaks on floor. There is a full plastic pan on the bottom with no drain

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Two years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Two years old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model mwtf220seem. Made and bought in mexico. See no vs54355158

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/18/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

From what you are saying the issue is the freezer defrost drain trough opening is clogged .

And the drain trough behind the rear interior freezer wall panel will need to be removed and with a hair dryer you will need to defrost the drain trough opening under the silver Evaporator coil .

Then I recommend to flush the drain linje with hot water and a turkey baster.

And yes the drain drip pan under the unit does not have a drain .

The heat and air flow from the condenser coil under the unit will evaporate the water that drips into the pan under the unit .

If you have any questions just let me know.