Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a whirlpool "cabrio" washer which we purchased on…

We have a whirlpool...

We have a whirlpool "cabrio" washer which we purchased on 5/11/2011, model number WTW 550XWO, serial number C10730359 which regardless of wash cycle setting, will not run. Following the "sensing" cycle, the lid lock light remains flashing and the wash cycle will not proceed any further.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was purchased new on May 31, 2011, and the model number listed inside the washer on the tag above the drum and below the lid is WTW5550XWO.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If I had to guess what the problem is I would believe it to be with the magnetic lid lock switch as the lid lock does not disengage as it should be able to do when the start button is pressed after a wash cycle has been started. the only way to currently disengage the lid lock is to unplug then re-plug in the washer.

1/18/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model

Will do, thank you.

The issue is the lid switch is not telling the electronic control board the door is in fact closed ,that is why the lid lock light is flashing .

I recommend replacing the lid lock /latch switch .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

This parts link also has a video showing how to replace the lid lock switch assembly.

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech