Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool duet steam dryer stops after a few minutes and…

Customer Question
My Whirlpool duet steam...

My Whirlpool duet steam dryer stops after a few minutes and displays the code message "F 70"

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

6 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model WED9750ww

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

THAT'S IT

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/18/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F70 means that your touch control panel isn't communicating with the main control board under the top panel of your dryer mounted to the left side wall properly. You'll need to remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel of the dryer. The top panel then pulls straight back, up, and off. Now check the wire connections from the front interface touch control board to the main board on the left side. If everything is secure and unplugging the dryer won't reset the issue---the front interface board would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the front interface board for your model.

CLICK HERE

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.