Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Maytag GAs stove top burners and one of the

Customer Question
Have a Maytag GAs...

Have a Maytag GAs stove top burners and one of the electrical starters keeps sparking. Help

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bought it within the last three years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

All depends upon what has to be done .

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The grate comes in two pieces and the electric is 'plug in "\

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/18/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the unit continues to try to ignite, it means that one of your burner switches has either failed or is possibly wet. If you were cleaning, then likely it is just wet. Usually you can just unplug the cooktop and wait 24 hours for the burner switches to dry out. After 24 hours, plug it back in and if it works then great. If not, then the shorted spark switch below one of the knobs will need to be replaced to resolve the issue.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.