Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Maytag fridge ice maker is making weird noises. It sounds…

My Maytag fridge ice...

My Maytag fridge ice maker is making weird noises. It sounds like it is releasing ice but doesn’t and the lights are flashing. How do I change the control panel or is there another fix?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 10 years old and the model # is I2568AES

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Just wondering if that is a possibility or do I need a professional

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that, we have the breaker turned off now because it’s annoying.

1/18/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Could the full model number actually be MFI2658AES ?

And what control panel are you thinking you need to change?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that is the whole model number.
I think the control panel that controls the ice maker and electronics in the front. Ex. Temperature, light, lock feature etc.

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model

Bobby let`s look at the model number once more time please.

I do not find anything on the number of MFI2658AES either.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Model number MFI2568AES
Serial number is *****
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry it was 2 am - when I gave you the other number.

Ok thank you !

What lights are flashing ? the interior lights or lights on the dispenser assembly?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The lights on the dispenser assembly. It just keeps going and going until we either unplug it or in last nights case turned off the breaker finally. Left it off for a couple hours and turned it back on because It wouldn’t stop. When I finally turned back on the breaker it had reset itself I guess. But it flashes and makes the loud clicking noise like it’s releasing ice- repeatedly...

ok so the noise is the dispenser NOT the icemaker itself.

You have a bad main control board .

The main control board mounted int the rear of the unit will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

The manufacture even has a service pointer out on this issue.

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Thank you in advance.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Here is the service pointer on that issue also .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much for your advice!! If I have more questions I’ll be sure to ask! Hanks again!

No Problem,Glad to assist you anytime.

Please remember to rate me also!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where do I go to rate you?

you will see a rating box just click on it and it will open the rating link for you to than rate me.

Master Tech
Master Tech
Master Tech