Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Working on a GE dishwasher model number GSD4000J00WW. The…

Working on a GE dishwasher...
Working on a GE dishwasher model number GSD4000J00WW. The dishwashers leaking a few drops on the right corner.
I like to also ask you what do you think about the soap pods for dishwashers? The owner had to intermittent water leaks from the door. I just found a few minimal drops leaking from the right corner dishwasher door.
1/18/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

NoIf it is leaking a few drips is the door gasket in good shape?

The dishwasher door gasket looks really good on top I didn't use a mirror to look at the bottom of door.
The 2 corner baffles are not torn but they do look worn.

Thes often cause the issue but pop out the air vent on the door and check it for any crud build up can you do that?

I could the pop off the inside of the air vent with a putty knife? If the air vents are blocked they can cause leaks on these dishwashers? I am not with the dishwasher but I do have to go back out there.

Yes if the air vent gets blocked the unit will pressurize and cause a leak out the corners. I would check that out, and you can just pop it out with a putty knife.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Thank you for your help I will check that.