Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a maytag epic front load washer its draining but will…

Have a maytag epic...

Have a maytag epic front load washer its draining but will not spin up to dry

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Mfw9800tk0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yep

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No its been a solid washer i changed the drain pump about 5 months ago

1/18/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Does it spin at all or up to a slow speed?

Yeah it spins but it just wont kick up to the fast spin to dry

How fast is it spinning roughly?

It kinda tumbles then speed up to a little faster speed but not fast enough for the clothes to "stick" if that makes sense
Is it gonna be a bit i didmt realize this costs 23 dollars

Did you want to cancel this?

Im just wondering how long it will be will it be like tomorrow i need to go to bed soon got to wake up at 4 am

Not too long, remove the top of the unit set it to drain/spin cycle and remove the pressure tube from the pressure switch and see if it spins fast.

Im running it now ill get back to you with results

OK great

It just stays on 11 min on estimated time all it does is drain then tumble drain then tumble drain then tumble

DO the diagnostic test C08 to see if it will spin at high.....CLICK HERE

Running test now
Its spinng max speed

OK then the unit is not sensing the balancing right. Does it seem to stop and then start to spin again with clothes in it?

I'm about to readjust the legs on bottom and try to run som clothes and see what happens
But yes it just seemed to tumble then drain over and over
My wife had a really heavy sweater in there maybe it just wouldnt balance it self but i figured i would get some sort of unbalanced load error

Yes try that and if that does not correct it you would have something wrong with the tachometer on the motor, which would happen on that unit. Normally you would receive an error code though. See if that legs make any difference and make sure it is solid corner to corner on the floor no movement at all. If the load is really unbalanced it will just keep trying to balance it then time out so it could just be a load issue.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

One last question do you have any idea what year that washer was made i bought it used a few years ago and i cant find much about it online

It is about 10-11 years old

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician