Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Maytag fridge is pooling water underneath the crisper.

Our Maytag fridge is...

Our Maytag fridge is pooling water underneath the crisper. We cannot see where it is coming from as there is no water behind it and nothing is leaking

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Sure. we purchased it in Dec 31 1999. Model # GT1928PACW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

That depends-----

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, other than that, everything is fine. Ice maker works a treat. I realize it is an old fridge but other than the water in the bottom, it's all good

1/18/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The defrost drain line is plugged and the defrost water is being routed to the refrigerator instead of the pan below the cabinet. The easiest way to restore normal drainage is to open the doors and unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours to facilitate a complete thaw. If this is not an option, the rear wall from inside the freezer may be removed to access the drain to manually thaw it. In the diagram at the link below, number 2 is the panel you will need to remove. Once off, the drain is in the bottom of number the number 4 drip tray. Once thawed, you should have no more leakage! :)

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician