Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The detergent dispenser on my GE Adora dishwasher won't open…

Customer Question
The detergent dispenser on...

The detergent dispenser on my GE Adora dishwasher won't open during cycle, but I can open manually when it's not in use. I tried the electronic reset suggested online. Doesn't do it. It's only a year old, but has quite a build up of detergent on the door itself. Should I try dishwasher magic? Any other suggestions before having someone come in? Thanks.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

GE Adora, purchased from Home Depot in November 2016. A year old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I just want to know if there's a fix I can try before calling a technician.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Please read my original question.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/18/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 4 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

I used Dishwasher Magic and it now seems to be working. Thanks.

I ​am glad to hear that you are up and running in the event that the problem comes back please feel free to follow up with me on here.

Thanks. How do I get my $5 back?

I ​have already submitted you for a refund. So someone should be taking care of that shortly.

John, Home Appliance Technician