Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Jennaire downdraft gas cooktop which is 7-8 years…

I have a Jennaire...

I have a Jennaire downdraft gas cooktop which is 7-8 years old. Lately I have noticed that COLD AIR is coming in from the outside when the cooktop is not in use. Isn't there supposed to be some kind of flap that closes when the downdraft motor is off?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I think it was bought in 2012. I have the serial number if that helps.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I have an extended warranty on it from Sears.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just want to know whether I should be getting cold air into my kitchen from the outside through the downdraft vent. Right now I have foil covering the filter to keep out the cold air. I am not using the downdraft.

1/17/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Yes, there should be a flapper on the outside of the home at the wall cap, see picture at the link below. If it is cold where you are it may be frozen open.

CLICK HERE

Kelly, Appliance Technician