Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The power button on my Samsung Dryer DV448AEP/XAA isn't

The power button on my...
The power button on my Samsung Dryer DV448AEP/XAA isn't working and you have to repeatedly push it to get the power to come on. It feels like the button is sticking.
1/17/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The button itself is just a plastic tab that pushes the actual electronics on the board, so if you feel its sticking its likely the push control on the board itself causing the problem. You can fix it but you have to replace the board to do so in most cases. You need to take it apart and have a look and see if that is the problem, if it ends up being the button assembly hanging up you have to buy the assembly which is hard to find because its no longer being manufactured but you can look around on ebay or amazon but the part is Button DC97-14543B - click here for info

The board is available and is listed below:

Dryer Electronic Control Board

Part #: DC92-00127A - click here for part info at sears

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you sure the part number for the button assembly is not DC97-14544B? Is there anything that i can do to fix the button itself?

first you are gonna have to figure out which is the issue, the plastic part or the control itself, if it's the control then no there is no way to fix it without trashing the board. If it's the plastic button assembly hanging up just figure out what is causing it and try to adjust or fiddle with it until its positioned properly so that it does not hang but it could just be worn out.

as far as the part number goes, for the assembly, it could be as you did not specify which model there are several versions of that model DV448AEP/XAA-0000 through DV448AEP/XAA-0003

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson