Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The heat from the oven continues, even though we shut it…

Customer Question
The heat from the...

The heat from the oven continues, even though we shut it down. Does it run until it cools off?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a Bosch. Maybe 10 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not if I can help its.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. The oven is still hot even though it is supposedly shut down. It is a Gas oven. So I do not know how or where to pull the plug.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/17/2018
Appliance Technician: McgiverSR, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
McgiverSR
McgiverSR, Customer Service
Easy way to determine where problem is electrical or the gas valve malfunction simply unplug the oven if it continues to heat or never cools off the gas valve is at fault if the oven stops heating right away then the problem is electrical and will need to be traced back from the gas valve to the control that's keeping it turned on,fyi there is a gas shut by the oven or should be it's code