Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an older model Kitchen aid Superba that's having some…

Customer Question
I have an older model...
I have an older model Kitchen aid Superba that's having some issues. We had a tech come look at it and the door switch board along with the main control board were fried. We replaced the switch board and had the main board repaired (it was discontinued). Also, at least one of the light bulbs is blown. No the issues. The lights don't come on, the ice dispenser doesn't work, the water dispenser doesn't work and while the freezer cools, the refrigerator does not. This all began when we had a power issue which tripped the breaker. Any ideas and/or advice?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
1/17/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 month ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you have the complete model number off the unit?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
KSSS42QJB00

Are you sure the board that was repaired is working?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They guaranteed their work. That is all I have. I was thinking maybe a fuse or relay might have also been blown?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Or maybe with the bulb blown a circuit is not complete?

Based on the issue is I would say you have a board issue, the board controls the damper and then there is another board that controls the light and dispenser that board may be the issue

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We had the circuit board repaired due to it being discontinued... any advice?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The damper doesn't work neither does the light or dispenser. Are you saying one board controls the damper and the other controls the lights and dispenser? Because nothing works...
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we purchased a new board for the light switch.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Right. Looking at the wiring diagram. We have a brand new board for the light and dispenser. These are not working, either. What could be happening there?

Are the fans working?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't believe so. The condenser on top works, I don't hear any fans running and the temperature in the freezer is not uniform. Cold on bottom, warm on top.

Are you sure you have 120 volts to the unit have you checked the power to the unit with a volt meter?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the power is good. 121.6 AC

I would say the main issue is the main board as that controls the fans, the damper and compressor.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Then why aren't the lights and dispenser working? If they are on a different circuit, controlled by a different board, they should work if the main board is the problem.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You have not given a satisfactory answer, only pointing to an obvious symptom. If the main control board were the issue, the repair should have fixed it, or at the very least the other functions of the refrigerator would work.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cannot authorize a payment with this lack of information regarding my issue.

Ok I will stopping pointing to the obvious symptoms, you should get an onsite tech again to check out the symptoms again Take care.

John, Home Appliance Technician